Committed to Your Privacy
Cardiff Community Housing Association is committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of its users.
What information may be collected, including email address?
You may choose to register to pay your rent, report a repair, report anti-social behaviour, report fly tipping and receive additional information or services from us. When you register, we request personal information about you such as your name, address, email address and/or telephone number, date of birth, debit or credit card number, and we ask for other information which enables us to provide a more personalised service to you. The information you give us may be stored in our databases. We endeavour to limit our requests for personal information we believe is minimally necessary to achieve our stated collection purposes. We may also supplement your profile information with freely available data such as postcodes and other demographic information.
How does Cardiff Community Housing Association use my information?
We process your personally identifying information for specific and limited purpose. When we ask you for personal data, we tell you the purpose for which we will process that data. Some of these purposes may include the following:
- To carry out any mutually agreed upon contract obligations
- To process your requests
- To process your request for information
- To process web-based information
- To process web-based transactions
- To contact you occasionally in order to inform you of products and services provided by us
- To notify you about changes to our products and/or services
- To help diagnose any problems with our server and administer the website.
Your Data is Safe with Us
We do not sell, rent, share or otherwise disseminate personal information collected by Cardiff Community Housing Association to third parties. We may, however, disclose your personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with law.
Please note that by submitting personal data to us and/or by using the website you give consent that all personal data you submit may be processed by us in the manner and for the purposes described above, which includes for the purpose of the performance of our contract (your tenancy) and to enable us provide services to our tenants and other residents, compliance with legislation, to protect someone’s life, to perform a task in the public interest of the processing is in our legitimate interests.
When processing special categories of personal data, health data or criminal data, our legal bases for doing so will either be one of the following:
- further to obtaining your explicit consent to do so
- the processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out our obligations and exercising specific rights required by social protection law
- the processing is in your vital interest and you are not able to provide consent
- processing is carried out in the course of our legitimate activities with appropriate safeguards
- our processing relates to personal data which has been manifestly made public by you, or
- our processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or processing is necessary for archiving purposes in the public interest.
Do We Ever Transfer Your Personal Information Outside Of The European Economic Area?
Much of the personal information that we process at Cardiff Community Housing Association is held electronically, and most of this is held in our offices in Cardiff. Some of our computer systems store the information offsite and, when they do, we work closely with the software providers to make sure that information is stored in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
Cardiff Community Housing Association will only keep your personal information for as long as it is required and in accordance with statutory requirements. For example we keep personal information regarding tenancy for 6 years after the tenancy has ended. Where the information is no longer required, we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner.
Anonymous Data Collection
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of the website, such as which pages of the website are visited, which web browsers are used and how long they stay on the website. This technology does not identify you personally; it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of the website.
We use this anonymous data to improve the content and functionality of the website and email to better understand our customers and visitors, and to improve the services and products we offer.
A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on the hard drive. Cookies do not damage your computer, and cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of the user. Cardiff Community Housing Association uses its own cookies for a number of purposes including to:
- Keep track of your preferences while you are using Cardiff Community Housing Association web products or services
- Provide general internal and customer analytics
- Conduct research to improve Cardiff Community Housing Association’s content, products and services
- To support security measures such as requiring re-logging into after a certain amount of time has elapsed
- To assist in identifying possible fraudulent activities
Can I correct/update the information collected about me?
Absolutely. You have the right to correct or update the personal information collected about you by Cardiff Community Housing Association. To correct or update personal information, please contact us and request the change. In addition, if you no longer wish to receive email updates or notifications from use, you may opt-out of receiving such communications by following the instructions available in an email sent to by us in response to an inquiry, completing the opt-out page request form, email us a request or contact us at our postal address noted on this website.
We are continually improving our methods of communication and adding new functionality and features. Because of these ongoing changes, changes in law and the changing nature of technology, our data practices will change from time to time. If and when that happens, we will update this policy accordingly, so please check this page frequently.
By using this website, you consent to the collection and use of the information as described here. For more information, call 029 2046 8490.