Skip to main content

There are a variety of ways that you can make a complaint.

You can:

  • contact us online
  • message us on social media
  • call us
  • email us
  • speak to us in person
  • write to us

All of our contact details can be found here.

We will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days by contacting you to make sure we understand your complaint correctly, and understand what outcome you hope for.

We will investigate your complaint as soon as possible, within 20 working days.


Complaints Policy [PDF]


Complaints Policy [HTML]

You have a right to ask for the complaint to be reviewed if you feel our response has not addressed your complaint.

To review your complaint, we will pass your complaint onto a member of Senior Management for further investigation.

Following this, if we still do not succeed in resolving your complaint, you have the right to complain to the Public Services Ombudsman for Wales (PSOW).

The PSOW is independent of all government bodies and has the power to investigate complaints about housing associations and their related activities.

General Home Enquiries

Of course! You will need to complete our Home Improvement Application Form. You can submit this online by using our contact form here.

We recommend you read up about home improvements here before you complete the online application form.

All applications are considered on a case-by-case basis. We withhold the right to decline any applications but we will always provide our reasons as to why this may be the case.

If you need the Home Improvement Application Form in an alternative format, please get in touch with us.


Home Improvement Form

We strongly recommend tenants to take out appropriate insurance cover for personal belongings.

If you need some top tips to find the best policy for you, you can get in touch with our Money Support Team. They’ll be happy to help you get the most appropriate cover.

At least every 5 years we will visit your home to carry out a home condition survey of areas such as your Kitchen, bathroom, windows and doors to make sure they meet the proper requirements as set out in the Welsh Housing Quality Standard (WHQS)

You can find out more about our home condition survey processes here.

Your Privacy

We commit ourselves to respecting your privacy. We ensure that the personal information you share with us is processed in accordance with the appropriate laws (Data Protection Act 2018, Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, and General Data Protection Regulation.)

These laws strengthen your rights, and give you control over the personal information that we hold about you.


Under data protection law, you have the right to:

  • Request and securely receive copies of the personal information we hold about you;
  • Correct or update your personal information we hold about you;
  • Delete your personal information we hold about you;
  • Request we stop processing your personal data where there is no legal requirement to continue to do so;
  • Lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office about us if you feel we have acted inappropriately with your personal information.

You can find out how to contact us here, or you can email directly.


It varies depending on the type of repair requested; that is, whether it is an emergency, urgent, or routine repair.

Our repairs timescales can be found here.


Our Repairs Policy details all of your responsibilities as a tenant, and also tells you what we can repair for you. However, we’re aware that document is large and not very fun to read, so here’s a list of what you’re able to repair/replace/maintain within your home:

  • Keeping the inside of your property in good condition, avoiding purposeful damage;
  • Ensuring that the grass is cut, pruning shrubs, and maintaining trees where safe to do so (unless the garden is in a common area covered by our estates management);
  • Maintaining white goods (i.e. kettles, dishwashers, fridge freezers, stoves, washing machines, etc.) and making sure they’re safely installed;
  • Replacing plugs and chains to sinks and baths;
  • Replacing shower heads and hoses;
  • Unblocking sinks, drains, and toilets that have been blocked through misuse;
  • Replacing shower curtains, installing/replacing curtain rails and blinds;
  • Replacing broken toilet seats;
  • Filling minor cracks and holes before redecoration;
  • Adjusting doors to accommodate carpets or floor covering (aside from Fire Doors);
  • Repairs to your own home improvements;
  • Replacing lamps and fluorescent tubes (unless the bulbs are fixed behind a screw covering);
  • Installing TV aerials (unless you live in a block of flats);
  • Connecting and disconnecting washing machines, tumble dryers, dishwashers, and electrical cookers;
  • Lock changes and replacing keys/fobs due to loss of keys;
  • Pest control treatment – fleas, mice, rats, cockroaches, wasps, bees, birds, squirrels, etc;
  • Your own equipment, such as TV aerials (unless communal system), satellite dishes, and telephones and their cabling and supply;
  • Repairs to sheds or storage containers.


Repairs Policy [PDF]


Repairs Policy [HTML]

You can access this information, as well as other helpful hints and tips, via our Basic Maintenance Handbook.

You can also find information on condensation, damp, and mould here.

You can find more information on gas safety here.


Signs of a gas leak are similar to feeling unwell.
You may be:
  • Feeling lightheaded and/or dizzy
  • Feeling nauseous
  • Experiencing headaches

If you feel any of the above, please leave the house immediately. You may find that the symptoms ease when you’re outside. If this is the case, then you may have a gas leak.



With any suspected gas leak, it is absolutely vital that you do not:
  • Expose a naked flame anywhere in the property (e.g. spark a lighter, strike a match, turn on a gas hob, etc.)
  • Turn any electrical switches on or off, or use anything at all which may cause a spark.



What do to if you have a gas leak:
  • Open doors and windows to allow fresh air in.
  • Turn off the gas at the mains tap, which is usually near the meter. Move the handle a quarter turn until it’s at 90 degrees from the pipe to shut off the gas supply.
  • Leave the property and contact Transco on 0800 111 999. Do not use the phone inside the property as this may cause a spark.
  • Find a safe space to wait outside the property for a gas engineer to arrive. Do not re-enter the property at all.
  • If you are feeling particularly unwell, contact your GP or go to hospital immediately and explain that you have been exposed to a gas leak.
  • Please contact us at the earliest opportunity and explain what has happened.


Your Tenancy & Rent

You can find this on your rent statement. If you’re not sure, find your Money Advice Officer and give them a call. They’ll be happy to help you find this information.

You talk, we listen, together we do.

If you feel that you are struggling with money, or you’re not going to be able to make rent payments for whatever reason, we’re here to help you.

The best thing you can do? Contact us straight away. We’re not here to judge you…We’re here to help you.

As we all know, money is a complicated thing – it’s not always the financial hardship that comes first. Sometimes, it’s your mental health that needs some help, or perhaps a change in career, or some extra support as you move through a challenging time.

You’re not alone. But the only way we can help is if you tell us first. So, please – get in touch.

If you have a new partner who moves into the property and you would like them to become a joint tenant, they will need to have lived there continuously for the previous 12 months. This will have to be evidenced, too. (e.g. utility bills, driving licenses, etc.)

Once you have lived together continuously for 12 months, get in touch with us.

If you have a new partner who moves into the property, they don’t have to become a joint tenant after 12 months. Please be aware, however, that any changes in living situations may affect any benefits you’re claiming.

One of our top tips if you’re new to the community is to ask a neighbour!

The Cardiff Council website has key information about your local area.

A home swap (also known as a mutual exchange) allows you to swap your home with another Council or Housing Association tenant anywhere in the UK.

If you would like to find someone to swap properties with, you’ll need to register on HomeSwapper

We will pay your registration fee. Once registered, you will be asked details about your current home, the kind of home you are seeking, and where you want to live. You can begin to get details of potential properties, make contact with other tenants, and arrange to view their homes.

When you find a suitable property, and all parties are happy to swap, let us know so we can provide permission to exchange and arrange all the relevant paperwork.

You’ll need to apply through the Cardiff Common Waiting List You can apply online via Cardiff Council’s Welcome to Housing application  portal. You can also obtain a form by visiting your local Hub, or through contacting the Cardiff Council Housing Waiting List Team on 029 20 537111.

CCHA, Cardiff County Council, and other Housing Associations who have homes in Cardiff all use this waiting list. All of our homes are allocated through this list and it offers a great variety of homes for tenants wanting to move. As a result, applying for a transfer is simple because one application form is used to apply for any home.

You can let us know you want to transfer by contacting us here, or chatting to your Tenancy Management Officer. We’ll discuss the next steps with you, arrange a suitable time to meet with you, and support you with the application form/documentation needed.

Plenty! Cardiff is buzzing with opportunities and there’s something out there that suits you.

Contact us straight away if you see anything in your local community being dumped, even if you suspect it has already been reported. It’s better to report something twice than not at all!


We love sharing our new developments with you and seeing you move into your new homes.

You can be the first to find out about our new builds through the news section, or you can have a browse via the new developments page.

You can request permission to keep pets, so long as they do not cause a nuisance to others, if you live in a house.

Pets are not allowed in most flats.