Over the last 9 months, our Property Customer Service Team have received a higher number of requests for repairs. This has resulted in some customers having to wait longer than our target of 30 days for routine repairs. We understand that delays with scheduling and missed appointments are frustrating for you and your family. We are extremely sorry for this. We want you to know that we are working hard to get back to our target of completing 80% of routine repairs on time.
What is causing the delay for routine repairs?
As well as the usual daily requests for repairs, this year we have seen additional requests. Here’s why:
- We have seen more reports of condensation/slight build-up of mould in some homes. We are working hard to make sure we can respond to these enquiries before we head into winter.
- We have carried out over 1500 home condition surveys this year. Some of these surveys picked up repairs and maintenance work that needed doing.
- Our Neighbourhood Managers started to make annual visits to tenant’s homes. Some of these visits have generated more repairs for us too.
Last year we received around 13,500 repairs requests, a 15% increase on the previous year. We expected this increase following the lifting of restrictions on repairs during the COVID-19 pandemic. Unfortunately, we have seen similar numbers of repairs being reported again this year. This was unexpected and has made it difficult for us to finish routine repairs within our usual timescales. At the moment we are completing around 55% of all routine repairs within target. We are working hard to change this.
What are we doing about it?
- Some of our team are working overtime in the evenings and on weekends. They are working to schedule in routine repairs that are outside our target times.
- We have brought in two extra customer support team members to answer your calls.
- We have brought two more people into the internal trade team (M Team). We are also utilising people from our major works team to support with some jobs where possible. This will help to reduce waiting times for routine repairs. We also plan to bring three further trades members into our team in November to support with the backlog of routine repairs.
- We have formed a special team to deal with the increasing damp and mould issues.
- We are now providing routine repair appointments at the time you call us. This reduces the time you wait for an appointment.
- We are getting help from external contractors to handle the high demand for repairs. We know that customer satisfaction for our external contractors is not as high as our internal M Team, but are working closely with them to improve this.
- We have grouped together repairs jobs where possible. This allows us to carry out a number of repairs at your home all at the same time.
- We have introduced a callback system on our phones. If you request a callback, you will not lose your place in our customer service queue.
- We are offering evening and weekend appointments if you cannot accommodate the routine repair on a week day.
Good quality repairs
We know we are facing challenges with the number of repair requests and the delays they have caused. However, we are pleased to hear that tenants are happy with the quality of the work when the repair is complete.
Here are some important facts about our performance:
What can you do?
Please make sure you tell us about a repair as soon as you can. Even if it’s a routine repair, the sooner we know about it, the sooner we can fix it. When you report a repair to us, we will ask you some questions to understand what kind of help you need.
We receive lots of calls early in the morning, at lunchtime or late in the afternoon. You can make sure your call is answered sooner by phoning us outside these hours or by using our callback system.
If you have reported a routine repair to us, and you believe the priority has changed, please give us a call. Our repairs policy aims to explain how we prioritise repairs. It also outlines our target timescales for completing repairs.
How to report a repair
The easiest way to report a repair is by calling our Customer Services Team on 029 2046 8490. You can also report a repair to us through the My CCHA tenant app.
We know that some repairs reported through the app when it first launched took a long time to arrange. In response to your feedback we have made some changes to the app which means we can now respond faster. The new app update will allow you to:
- Report multiple repairs at the same time
- Keep track of your outstanding and recent repairs
- Help us to diagnose your repair without having to wait for a call-back
- Let us know when you’re available for us to carry out your repair
- Find out what repairs are your responsibility and advice on what you can do
- the email address registered with CCHA,
- your tenancy reference number (found on your rent statement),
- date of birth and
Once again, we would like to apologise for the delays that you are experiencing. We are confident that the changes we are making will improve our repairs service. If you have any other feedback, you can call us on 029 2046 8490 or email email@example.com.