From 1st December 2022 The Renting Homes (Wales) Act will change the way all landlords in Wales rent their properties. This will improve how we rent, manage, and live in rented homes in Wales.
The new law will affect all landlords and tenants.
Here’s a summary of what you need to know:
- New, simpler contracts will be issued
- Your home must be fit to live in
- More notice of a rent increase
- Stronger rights to stay in your home
- ‘Revenge’ evictions prevented
- Contract-holders can be added or removed
- Greater rights to pass on your home if you die
For more information on how the law is changing visit gov.wales/rentinghomes
You can also click here to download an Easy Read Guide to the new law.