Our friends at Oasis Cardiff have big celebrations planned for Refugee Week.
The theme this year is ‘Healing’ and, with a jam-packed itinerary, there’s something for everyone to enjoy!
Check out the Refugee Week schedule and start filling your diaries!
- Tuesday – Friday, 10am – 4pm (8pm Friday): Restore Photography Exhibition
A photography exhibition that showcases new and upcoming talent in Wales.
- Monday 20th June, 1.30pm – 4pm: Re-Energise (Jamming and Dancing)
Join the afternoon jam session with Oasis One World Choir. Bring or borrow an instrument from your culture to play and share together.
- Tuesday 21st June, 10am – 4pm: Mindful Movement (Sports and Games)
Join Oasis for an afternoon of games and sports, including table tennis, football, and circus skills. If you don’t want to play sport, there’s also games like chess, backgammon, and cards to enjoy together.
- Wednesday 22nd June, 12.30pm – 3pm: Nourish (Bring and Share Food)
Cook delicious food from your culture to bring and share together. Come along to enjoy, learn and share food from all over the world. Please cook in your own kitchen, but if you can’t afford ingredients, Oasis will be able to help. Contact email@example.com
- Thursday 23rd June, 10am – 4pm: Recreate (Making and Creating)
Join artist Sahar to make a creative mark on a joint mural at Oasis Cardiff, which will represent the warm Welsh welcome that Cardiff offers to our community. Oasis will also run various craft workshops throughout the day.
- Friday 24th June, 3pm – 8pm: Global Grooves (Day Festival)
An evening of celebration! If you like, wear clothing that represents your cultural heritage and join Oasis for some live music, street food, language cafe, henna, face paint, and local stalls. Food is offered on a ‘pay-what-you-can’ basis, £5 entry for the general public, and free entry for refugees and asylum seekers. Live performances from The Gentle Good, Barracwda, and more!